BullCharts includes the option to tweak features of the candlesticks, including the colours of the candles. The available options include:
- “Single colour” – most commonly Black (and white). You can change this to be any other available colour, and this colour will be the colour of the Filled candles, and the Outline of the unfilled candles.
- “Price change since previous” – With this option selected you can specify the colour for the “Up” candles, and a different colour for the “Down” candles, and a colour to be used when the Price is the same as Previous.
- “Price change since open” – With this option you also have the option to specify different colours as in the previous item.
In addition to the above options, there are three other possibilities that are not so commonly used.
There is also the option to“Fill all candles”, and to “Colour candle border separately” so that you can specify a different colour for the borders of the candles.
This KB article briefly explains how to change these candle features.
- Select the Candlestick chart type from the dropdown in the toolbar.
2. Next, double click on the Candlestick plot to display the “Price Plot Properties”. Here you can also change the “Line Thickness” to make the candles a little bolder and easier to view.
3. A useful option is to display an overlay of the price movement on the Candlestick chart. Select the Colour tab, then change the properties as required. Price change since previous is useful. The Candles can be filled or hollow to provide different insight to trading patterns.